Saturday, May 13, 2017

Last Weekend

Whenever we eat at Grainfields in Saskatoon I order the pico de gallo omelette.  Since we had pico de gallo on hand from Cinco de Mayo, Christopher decided to recreate this omelette for me at home last Saturday.


Sour cream and cilantro on top - mmm mmm!

He made some crispy parsley potatoes to go on the side.


For lunch we had smoked salmon, with cream cheese and bread.


We spent a good part of last Saturday sitting out in the backyard for the first time this year.  It was an absolutely gorgeous weekend, and we soaked up some sun, while listening to tunes, visiting, and watching the trees start to bud.  They go from no leaves to having large leaves within about a day; it's fascinating to watch.

We BBQd potatoes, pork chops, and corn for dinner.


On Sunday morning we had breakfast skillets with farmer's sausage, egg, veggies and cheese.


In the afternoon I went to my sister's baby shower.  She's due at the end of June.  Another nephew on the way!


We had plans to cook dinner on Sunday evening, but just ended up having nachos, as we weren't too hungry.


I made mini funfetti cakes for dessert.

 

I followed this recipe from Christina, a sweetheart of a blogger, who I met years ago at the Food Buzz festival in San Fransisco.

We shared one for dessert on Sunday, and the other on Monday.


And just like that, it's the weekend again! 

What are you up to this weekend?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

That's exciting that your sister is having another boy!! She looks beautiful!

All of the food you made last week looks awesome! We did not do any cooking last week as I had so much leftovers from my Mexican bach party! We did grill on Friday night (brats from our favorite polish deli) and tonight we will grill dinner for Phil's mom. Our weekend has been pretty low key which is nice. Friday we stayed in and started watching season 2 of Master of None which is one of our favorite shows. Yesterday we spent a lot of time outside as Phil did a bunch of yard work and I planted my garden and then we went out to dinner - probably our last date night as an unmarried couple! Today we will spend the day at his mom's.