When we go to the grocery store we often pick up a new-to-us cheese to try out. This is one we'll definitely buy again.
2) Dinner the other evening was a turmeric chicken stew. We followed this easy recipe, although our grocery store didn't have fresh turmeric (laaaaaame), so we used the ground stuff instead.
We had paratha on the side for dipping.
3) Our 2nd anniversary was last month, and we decided when we got married that we'd follow the traditional anniversary gift theme, but pick out something together each year for us as a couple. For the second anniversary, the traditional gift is cotton. We thought about getting new sheets, which we need, but instead decided on something we'd be able to use forever. Since we're both music lovers, we had the sound wave of our song, Latch by Disclosure, printed onto a throw pillow for our bed.
It turned out perfectly. It's difficult to tell from a picture, but the quality of the pillow is great! We were super impressed. We ordered it online from Finch and Cotter through Etsy.
4) Breakfast this morning was smoked salmon bagels. This is our new favourite, and it's so easy to throw together.
5) Speaking of breakfast, I'm so happy it's finally light out in the morning when I'm making breakfast during the work week; it makes it easier to get going, and is also much better for photographing my morning eats.
Greek yogurt bowls were the staple during this past week.
6) This weekend we're cooking Irish-themed dinners each night. We started last night, and have a couple more planned. We love themed weekends of cooking! I'll tell you all about it in the next post.
7) We made sushi bowls last week.
We bought some sashimi-grade tuna, and marinated it in red onion, sesame oil, soy sauce, fish sauce, and cilantro for about half an hour. Our bowls included sushi rice, cucumber, avocado, seaweed, the raw tuna, pickled ginger, wasabi, and a drizzle of soy sauce.
What are you up to this weekend?
Did you do anything for St. Patrick's Day?