Saturday, December 6, 2014

December Things

I'll never forget the semesters that I was writing exams up until December 18th; all I wanted to do was bake, Christmas shop, and get excited for parties.  Thankfully, this is not one of those semesters, and instead, I was done with class on the 1st.  I am really enjoying all the things that December brings, including baking ...


Dinners out ...


Making cabbage rolls ...


Decorating (just a bit) ...


And December issues ...


We've got a good start on our Christmas shopping.  It's most fun to pick out gifts for our little nephew and a new niece who will be celebrating her first Christmas this year.  In addition to them, we are only buying for my brother and his girlfriend, as we drew names for the first time this year. 

Tonight is the first of our Christmas parties; we're headed out with Christopher's coworkers for the evening.  We have another fun get-together (with family) tomorrow.

We're getting pretty excited for our Christmas getaway, 18 days from now!  It's weird that we won't be home on Christmas day, but it will be fun!

How's your December going so far?
What do you have to look forward to this month?

2 comments:

Kacy said...

Sounds like you're really in the spirit! I love your decorations. My December has been good so far, just very busy. Thankfully I got a head start on my shopping so I'm almost done and just have to wrap. Have a good week!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

December has been awesome so far but it's been a total blur. I can't believe Christmas is less than 2 weeks away! I have all of my Christmas shopping done and am hoping to get all the gifts wrapped this weekend! And on Sunday I am having my annual gingerbread decorating party so I am excited about that. I haven't done any holiday baking but I think Phil and I will make these almond cookies that won the best cookie recipe award in our local newspaper. But we probably won't do that until we celebrate our Christmas on the 20th!