Friday, April 4, 2014

Five on Friday

1)  When we cook fish, it's usually salmon.  Recently, however, we cooked up some halibut, which we served with spiced quinoa and a salad:


2)  The first time I ever had shepherd's pie was in my 20s, and it was from Costco.  My family just never made this when I was growing up (Christopher's did though).  We decided to make a homemade version the other day, and it turned out great.


It's definitely better homemade!

3)  Tonight we're headed out to see Kenny vs Spenny.  They are on tour, but we're not exactly sure what to expect at a live show with them.  It should be a fun time! 

4)  We went to Tony Roma's for dinner on Monday.  Now I remember why we rarely eat at chain restaurants.  We were not impressed.


At least the soup we shared to start was pretty good:


5)  We don't usually go out to eat too much, unless we're out of town, but tomorrow we're headed out again - this time to a nicer restaurant.  It should be a pretty great weekend!

What are you up to tonight?  Tomorrow night?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I rarely cook fish, which is too bad as I love it, but I tend to make things that yield leftovers for lunches during the week and I would never bring fish to work so I just don't ever make it! But one of these weekends I should just make a single portion for myself - esp now that it's warm enough to grill!

Last night I treated myself to sushi. I hadn't had it maybe 6 months? So I was overdue for some. I rarely eat out, too, but was craving it so bad! Tonight I will be staying in and making dinner.