Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Ten on Tuesday

1)  Last week I tried zucchini on a pizza for the first time.  It was pretty darn good!  We also threw some onion, garlic, bell pepper, mushrooms, olives, bacon, chicken and cheese on there. 


 

2)  On Friday I went with some work pals for lunch to Bocados.  There were many things on the menu that sounded good to me, but I went with the pulled pork sandwich.  It was messy, but delicious.  I couldn't finish it all, but I definitely tried.



3)  On Sunday I went on a little road trip to see two of my favourite local bands audition for a place at the Ness Creek music festival.  I had a great time at the festival last year, and am looking forward to it again this July.  We're thinking of jetting off to Vegas again after the festival ... because ... well why the heck not!?

The Fortunate Isles
The Screaming Daisies
4)  After the audition, before heading home, we stopped at Fuddruckers for burgers.  I got the 1/3 pound bison burger, and we shared some frings (fries/rings).



5)  This evening we went for dinner to Siam (an authentic Thai restaurant downtown).  I was a little disappointed as the food wasn't as good as it has been in the past, and the service was awkward and annoying (you had to be there).  I have had some amazing meals there, so I'll definitely go back and give it another shot, all the while crossing my fingers that we get a good server.

6)  There are two types of people in this world ...

Those that like cilantro:

Christopher's plate with cilantro as a garnish
And those that do this:

Jolene's plate with leftover Indian food as a garnish
7)  We made so much Indian food on Saturday that we had enough for dinner again last night, and I took some for lunch today


8)  This evening we went to Laser Quest (laser tag) for a friend's birthday.  Awesome.

9)  I'm not sad that January is coming to an end.  It is probably my least favourite month.  We have a pretty fun-filled couple of months ahead, and I'm pumped!!  Goodbye January, bring on February!

10)  We are thinking of cooking up some Chinese food this weekend.  Probably.  Maybe.  Stay tuned.

How's your week going so far? 
What are your Tuesday things?

4 comments:

Kacy said...

My week is going pretty well so far. We saw The Full Monty at a small theater here last night and it was super fun. Other than that, it's been a pretty standard week :)

Your zucchini pizza looks delicious!

Unknown said...

stumble upon your yummy post..:P

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I was ready for January to be over, too. It was really cold here (well, it still is but hopefully it warms up soon), and I had a lot of stress to deal with.

My week went well - I was in Texas for a couple of days for work and it was so nice to thaw out!

Allysia said...

I LOVE zucchini on pizza! I hope the FO and SD get on Ness Creek, that's such a fun festival. Oh man, haven't done laser quest for a few years, so fun!