Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Monday Dinner with the Ladies

One of my best friends is moving away (for a year or so anyway), so last night I got together with three of my best girl friends for dinner and a visit.  We went to La Bodega, a popular restaurant in the city.  I've never been a huge fan of their overpriced food, but I was really happy with my entree last night.


I had the lamb enchilada.  It was very filling, and although this is a tapas restaurant, this portion for $14 was definitely entree sized.  It came with saffron rice, pico de gallo and guacamole.  


I liked that the lamb wasn't even a little bit gamey.  It was really well done, and I will probably order this any time I am back at this restaurant.  I had shared a meatball appetizer with my friend, so I ended up taking 1/2 of the lamb enchilada dish home with me - it made a good dinner again today!  

 
 

The meatballs turned out to be fish meatballs (I didn't read the menu very carefully I guess), and they were not very good at all.

I love getting together with my ladies during the week!  We will all see each other again this weekend for theh going-away party.

Other things I've been eating:

Kimchi Ramen with more kimchi on top
Chicken sandwich with tomato, pickles, mayo and mustard
And now for something completely random ...

I grabbed a coffee the other day and saw this awesome sign in the coffee shop :-)


Hehehehe.
 
Do you ever get together with friends during the week, for dinner or otherwise?
Do you like lamb?  Have you ever cooked it?
(I plan on cooking lamb in the near future, although I've never done it)




3 comments:

Unknown said...

I ate lamb for the first time on the weekend! It wasn't very good and then I felt guilty after "Mary had a little lamb...."

I saw a sign at a spa once that said "Unattended children will be given an espresso and a
Free puppy". Love it!

Kacy said...

I love doing dinners or happy hour during the week. It's always nice to have that to look forward to. I don't love lamb, but I don't hate it. I've only had it a few times, and never cooked it.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Most of the time that I see my friends, we get together during the week as it's just too tough to coordinate our weekend schedules (they have kids and inlaws and such to juggle).

I am not a huge fan of lamb... So knowing that, I will never cook it!