Saturday, March 26, 2011

Homework Weekend

It doesn't feel like spring where I am, but the juicy strawberries are helping  ...


I am spending most of the weekend doing homework, but I was able to sneak out for a bit with friends last night and then with my in-laws for brunch this morning.

I had a fresh juice when I first woke up.  My new juicer arrived in the mail yesterday (I haven't had one since mine broke many months ago):


Breakfast was about half of this skillet and hashbrowns:


This was one of the best breakfasts I have had in a long time. It kept me full until dinner. 

The hubby made spaghetti and meat sauce while I worked on my reference list.

 

Homework disgusts me.  Anyone wanna come over and do it for me?

How are you spending your weekend?  
Please tell me it is more exciting than mine.

14 comments:

Lauren said...

Are those chocolate chips I see in your bowl of strawberries? Yum!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

That juice looks delicious! As does the skillet... and spaghetti!

My day wasn't much more exciting than yours... It started off good with some shopping. Then I studied all day for that test I am taking in June. So I feel your pain. I did take tonight off and made that mushroom risotto from Angela's blog which was AMAZING.

Deidre said...

Yum that juice looks yummy. and the hashbrowns...nom nom nom!

Averie said...

homework disgusts me too..thank god im not in school :)

your strawberries look great and congrats on the juicer arriving!! yay!

i also despise juicer cleanup..takes me FOREVER. The pulp just...multiplies in mine, i swear!

Simply Life said...

oh that breakfast does look good!

Kacy said...

I'm in D.C. finding a new apartment! Loving it. Yay for a new juicer!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you lady... homework SUCKS. that juice is really pretty though!! :)

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Lauren - it is actually a bowl of oatmeal with strawberries, PB and choc. chips :-)

Carly said...

I love "meeting" other Canadian bloggers! I too am doing homework...worst way to spend a weekend, I feel your pain.

Unknown said...

I am feeling the homework disgustedness as well. I got away last night for a while though. We only have 2 classes left though!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oye. Not much better here.

But spaghetti! YUM! Hope your day got better. I noticed you used your Vita to juice before? - how come you don't just use that one instead of a Juicer?

Anonymous said...

New juicer!! So exciting... I need ideas for some fruit/veggie combos so I will stalk your blog for ideas, haha.

Anonymous said...

just got home from driving 6 hours to visit my family!! GAHHH barely catching up with sleep right now!

Anonymous said...

I spent the weekend hanging out with the family. It was lovely!