Thursday, October 14, 2010

Foodie Confession *GASP*

 
I LOVE Cheese Whiz.

There, I said it.

I love it on celery.  I love it stirred in to piping hot pasta shells.  I love it poured over broccoli.  I love it mixed with salsa for chip dip.  I think it is a glorious food plastic spread, and I am going to savour the miniature jar I just had to buy.  Cheese Whiz is a rare treat in our house :-)  I think this is the second time I have had it in the home in 6.5 years.

I had some after work today.
 
I put it on celery, because that makes it a health food.  Don't argue.

 
I was jonesing for some nutrients this morning so I blended up a smoothie with: 1/2 a banana, 1/2 cup frozen berries, 1 cup of milk, and 1 t of hemp seeds:


I also had 1 slice of toast with cinnamon raisin PB:


Mmmmmm, I love PB&Co.  Have you tried their PB before?

Lunch was the last of my turkey noodle soup.  I also had an apple, and a few crackers.

I went to the spa this evening for a 1 hour massage.  It was pure bliss.  I go for massages quite regularly from October - December as it is always my busiest, and therefore most stressful time of year.   

Do you ever treat yourself to a massage?  Does your health plan cover massage?  

I am lucky that my health plan covers massage, and I be sure to take full advantage of it!

For dinner this evening I made a quick beef stew (with organic stewing beef):


This is more of a cool weather meal ... I wasn't expecting it to be so beautiful today!!!  I will take it though!  We are experiencing unseasonably warm weather this month, and I am reveling in the sunshine, enjoying it while it lasts.  It is supposed to be +19 C tomorrow - and tomorrow is also a special day so it makes it even better :-)

I had 2 eggs later on in the evening for a snack.  
I topped them with sriracha (AKA liquid love) hot sauce.


What do you have planned for the weekend?

I have an AWESOME weekend planned!!  I will let you know more tomorrow.

20 comments:

Treat and Trick said...

Hi Jolene, your choice is indeed healthy, just wondering whether a slice is enough for you?

Kat said...

My gma LOVED cheese wiz. He brought it to every holiday party, even though he was the only one eating it. And he could go through a whole can easily. Silly man.
We dont have much planned. Ninja has karate and I have a soccer game :)

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Trick or treat - With the smoothie for breakfast, one slice of toast is definitely enough for me! I could barely finish the smoothie.

Pauline said...

Hi,
New here.:) I too am a fan of sriracha, but have never tried it on eggs. Your blog is full of great food ideas! :)

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg said...

Lol...I used to LOVE cheese whiz when I was a little kid!! I haven't had it in years...I should pick up a can :-)

Kacy said...

My grandma's famous mac and cheese contains cheeze wiz and I love it :)

Jamie @ Food in Real Life said...

After years of thinking I didn't like cheese wiz, I realized that I kind of do. On chips, and cheesesteaks mostly. MMMMMmm, don't be ashamed girlfriend!

Amber said...

Confession: I LOVE CHEEZ WHIZ too! But I rarely buy it!

Anonymous said...

Cheese Whiz is the reason why I started eating steamed veggies! Though like you, we hardly ever buy it.

Have you ever tried making your own C/R Swirl? I love it with almond butter! 1 cup almond butter + 1 tbsp sugar + 1 tsp cinnamon + 1/4 cup raisins. SO.GOOD.

Simply Life said...

ha, I love the confession! :) I actually don't think I've ever tried it but I'm sure I have plenty of my own foods that could make someone cringe!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I don't care for Cheese Whiz, but I love the tostito queso in jar, which is similar sort of, so I totally know what you mean. :)

I got a massage on Monday - it really helped me recover from the marathon. I hadn't had one since my last marathon in '06. I need to get them more often (or ask for them for my birthday or CHristmas). It was blissful, but it is def not covered by insurance so I pay out of pocket...

Have a fabulous weekend! I am going out to a nice dinner tonight at a French restaurant & then to my brother's tomorrow night for dinner. :) He's an awesome cook so I am looking forward to that. he is grilling a whole chicken, which is his specialty so I am excited to have that!

Anonymous said...

We all have the occasional guilty pleasure we like to indulge in. You have cheese whiz. I have Fluff. Love the stuff and it's so bad. I can't keep it around the house all the time or bad things happen. LOL.

Soumya said...

Hi, you got a sunshine award. check http://traditional-indian-cooking.blogspot.com/p/awards.html

Rachel (tea and chocolate) said...

I love PB & Co! White Chocolate Wonderful tastes like frosting.

I've never actually had a massage (by a professional, that is). Your so lucky to have a health care plan that covers it. I'd get be getting one every week if I could!

Averie @ Averie Cooks said...

hot sauce or ketchup on eggs (when i used to eat them) was always a fave

no i have never tried that peanut butter, sounds delish

this weekend, working, time w/ the fam, catching up on housework :)

~Lisa~ said...

Did you say sriracha? And on eggs? Oh my, love sriracha, I pretty much put it on everything! And chiz whiz, hey moderation and you're clearly in for some indulgence after 6.5 years!

eatmovelove said...

Cheez Whiz!!! YES. I DO buy this still. The little jar - thinking I won't eat so much of it...sure...;) - I don't put it on celery though...most definitely bread or off the knife ;).

What is the special day tomorrow?!

I wish I had health care to cover massage. i don't have a health plan PERIOD anymore :(...not since I became a contractor versus employer...there are ups and downs to it I guess...

Enjoy your weekend :)

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear said...

I love massages! It's been ages since my last one but I'm going to a hot stone massage in 3 weeks, can't wait :)

Anonymous said...

i love cheeze wiz too...but I LOVE LOVE pudding and poptarts..those are my sins...and cupcakes..and chocolate..hahaha!! Anyways so jealous you get to eat bibimbap all the time lady!! and i don't get massages...i'm too ticklish!

Eleanor said...

Ha ha, I've never heard the word "jonesing" before and it tickled me because my surname's Jones!
What does it mean?!