e finally have a couple days without rain, and I am enjoying it!
Last night I snacked on a piece of homemade bread and some blackberries:
Breakfast this morning was 3 small buttermilk pancakes with blackberry syrup:
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup black berries
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
Mash with the back of a fork.
This morning I did the 30 Day Shred again. I was still sore from the last time, but I made it through!
I had lunch outside on a rooftop deck with some friends. I had a chicken wrap and sweet potato fries, with a mojito.
The hubby and I had friends over for dinner this evening. We had a summery meal, including bruschetta, caprese salad skewers, grilled chili lime shrimp, BBQ'd ribs, Mediterranean potato salad, and corn on the cob. Dessert was a chocolate chip cookie pie with ice cream. We drank red wine.
Potato chip with avocado, arugula, and crab mixture:
Chili Lime Butter:
Bruschetta (before broiling):
Caprese salad skewers:
Mediterranean Potato Salad
- 2 lbs unpeeled mini potatoes
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 2 T chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan or extra old cheddar
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3 T red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- Cut the potatoes into 1/4 inch slices. Put in a pot, and fill with cold water, 1 inch higher than potatoes. Add 2 tsp salt. Bring to boil. Reduce, and simmer 5 min. until tender. Save 1 T potato water for dressing. Drain well, and spread on large, rimmed baking sheet.
- Cook the potatoes in the oven for about 15 minutes or more at 350.
- Whisk together the vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, potato water, and garlic.
- Drizzle half of the mixture over the hot potatoes when the come out of the oven.
- Cool the potatoes for 15 minutes, then put in a bowl.
- Add the mustard and basil to what is left of the dressing, and toss with the potatoes.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes, cheese, onions, and parsley, and stir well.
We also had Greek and BBQ ribs (not pictured), grilled shrimp, and corn on the cob.
Dessert was chocolate chip cookie pie with ice cream:
I sent my friends home with a little bag of biscuits for their dog. I made them this afternoon:
What are your plans for the weekend?