Saturday, February 2, 2019

Make it a Blockbuster Night

Anyone else miss going to Blockbuster to rent a movie?

Sifting through the Netflix movies just doesn't have the same feeling as going to a store to pick out a movie to rent.  I used to love stopping at Blockbuster for a movie, and then hitting the store for snacks. 

Since it's been so cold out lately, all we wanted to do last night was curl up on the couch with a movie.  We had to pick a movie off of the TV, but we decided to recreate the olden days and stop at 7-Eleven for our snacks.


Before last night, I can't even remember the last time we went to 7-Eleven.


We're way more into savory snacks than sweets, so we snagged some nachos (with loads of chili and cheese of course), two fried chicken drumsticks, two spicy pieces of chicken, and six potato wedges.


We ate this unhealthy dinner in front of the TV while watching Mona Lisa Smile, which was nowhere near as good as I remembered it being 🤣

What was the last movie you watched?  
Do you miss renting movies from an actual store?

2 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I don't miss renting movies from Blockbuster because I pretty much hate leaving our house these days. Ha! It was fun when I was younger, though! I agree that it's not the same to browse Netflix or Amazon Prime, though. It takes us forever to find something we both want to watch! We tend to watch documentaries instead. Right now we are watching "The Ted Bundy Tapes" on netflix. I knew a little bit about him but not that much so it's been interesting to watch. We are also watching Veep. We've been borrowing the seasons from the library!

Amber said...

We used to live right across the street from a 7-11 in Kamloops so we went there A LOT. Ha! I would often stop and pick up coffee cream on my way home from a run!!

I don't mind looking through the movies on netflix or amazon prime or itunes. I LOVE watching previews. Sometimes that's all we do is watch a bunch of previews and call it good. haha