Friday, December 21, 2018

First Day of Winter

I woke up to rain, which is definitely not typical for the first day of winter.  The day started out great, and ended the same way.  I had a wonderful last day of work for 2018, got off early, ran a couple of quick errands, and then headed home to do the last of the gift wrapping.


This evening I baked buns for dinner at my brother's place tomorrow evening


Other than that, I'm just kicking back and relaxing with Christopher.  It was a really busy week for us, so we didn't do a whole lot of cooking over the past few days.

On Monday evening we took my dad out to Swiss Chalet for dinner.


And on Wednesday we went out to Bushwakker.


Last week's eats included a big chicken:


We used it for hot chicken sandwiches:


And cold chicken sandwiches:


Then we made stock with the bones for a soup:


Our AeroGarden is growing out of control!  We used some of the herbs to make a really green sauce for our pork chops recently.


I loved the baked potato on the side; we always forget about baked potatoes, but really enjoy them when we eat them.

Speaking of potatoes ...

Christopher made his amazing crispy oven-fries for poutine both last week, and again tonight.  Yum!


I think it's about time to gather a plate of goodies, and put on a Christmas movie.  We'll likely have a couple of these too:


Christopher's coworker sent him home with them.  They are spicy, but not too spicy, and absolutely delicious!  We're having only a few a day to make them last (and to avoid eating an entire bag of cheesy puffs in one evening, because we totally could do that).

G'night!

Are you all ready for Christmas?  What are your plans for the weekend?  Do you have any time off around Christmas?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I love cheesy puffs so I would have to control myself to avoid eating an entire bag! Phil says chips are my cryptonite!

I took a week off over Christmas. We were planning to be gone sun-today but that did not happen so it’s been a quiet holiday at home. We will celebrate with Phil’s mom on Saturday and do a belated celebration with my parents in January.