Wednesday, August 29, 2018

The Weekend

On Friday evening Christopher and I went to my sister and Riley's house for dinner.


They had some snacks ready when we arrived, including delicious grilled shrimp with a homemade cocktail sauce:


And crostini with goat cheese and honey:


We played a lot with our little nephew before he went to bed.  He is so sweet 💙 His babbling and dancing to The Wiggles is too adorable.

After the snacks and the playing my sister served a Thai soup:


And then BBQd ribs, green beans, and stuffed sweet potatoes with crema for the main course:


I was so full by this point (as was everyone else), so we waited a while before dessert, and visited in the living room.

Dessert was a sticky toffee pudding cake with ice cream.  It was by far the best sticky toffee pudding-type dessert I've ever had - so moist!


We had a wonderful time, and stayed up later than usual for a Friday night.  It's so nice to get together with friends/family for dinner.  Thank you Leah and Riley!

On Saturday we went to a wedding.  Congratulations to the newlyweds Mike and Tiffany!


The wedding was at a venue about 15 minutes out of the city.


They got married outside, and the reception was in a red barn.  We had a BBQ dinner and then danced the night away.

We were home late, but the next day we got up and went to a Mustard Festival, where we sampled a bunch of different goodies made with mustard.


How is your week going so far?  
Any plans for the upcoming weekend?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I love mustard - the spicier the better! So a mustard festival is right up my alley! You guys had a busy but fun weekend!! We had very little going on last weekend which was great. I love quiet weekends now that we have a baby! This weekend we were supposed to go to my parents’ lake home but Paul got a fever on Thursday night and we found out he had an ear infection at his 6 month appt on Friday morning so we stayed home so he could get lots of rest. I am bummed that we missed out on family time but we will see my family next weekend at a wedding. And another quiet weekend at home was just what we needed.