Sunday, November 19, 2017

Sunday Stuff

Last week was a short work week, but it felt quite long.  On the holiday Monday we had egg sandwiches on English muffins.

  
Throughout the week we cooked up some of our favourite dishes, including bee bim bop, and creamy parmesan fusilli.  We also tried a new recipe, honey mustard sheet pan pork chops:


On Friday evening after getting groceries, we had a big salad for dinner, and then got ready to go to O'Hanlon's where Christopher's band was playing.  They were opening, but still weren't on until 11:00 p.m.


It was a late night, but we slept in a bit on Saturday, and then had a French toast breakfast.


We got a bit of Christmas shopping done on Saturday afternoon.  We are done shopping for all the nieces and nephews, which is the bulk of what we need to get done.  With my family we drew names, and we still have to buy those gifts.  With Christopher's family we are buying two gifts worth about $25 each that anyone might like/use, and then we'll be playing a stealing game on Christmas day.  Last year was our first time doing this, and it was really fun!  We have one of the gifts purchased for that, and are still working on the other.

Once we were home from Christmas shopping, we did a bit of baking, and then made herb souffles, with salmon and greens.


After dinner we headed out (with the baking) to our friends' new home for a housewarming party.  We had a fun time with our pals and some of their little ones, and it was another late night.

Most of today was spent lounging around.  We started the day with this breakfast:


And then got a turkey stock going on the stove, and beef and noodles going in the slow cooker for dinner.


How was your weekend?  What did you do?
Have you started Christmas shopping?  Are you done?  Do you have a lot of people to buy for?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

That sheet pan pork chop recipe looks good and easy! I'll have to try that. I love one pan meals like that!

My weekend was good. I went to the taping of a podcast with some book club friends on Friday. On Saturday I went shopping with my SIL for the family we sponsor for Christmas and then another couple came over to play cards. Yesterday I made one of the lasagnas I'll serve on Friday when I host my family for dinner. I'm making another one but my mom will come over on Friday to help me make that one!

We have really cut back on gifts in our family. The siblings used to go together to get something for my parents but now we sponsor a family instead. And starting this year my parents are going to sponsor a family instead of giving us gifts. We have the hardest time coming up with things we want and it was getting to be a lot for my mom to shop for all of us and our spouses + the 7 grandkids! So the only gifts I need to buy, besides the ones for our sponsor family, are a book for my Godson (he gets a book + money I deposit in his savings account) and something for Phil's mom. So I am pretty much done with my Christmas shopping which feels good!