Sunday, September 27, 2015

The Weekend Part 2

Both of our birthdays are coming up in a couple of weeks, but we got an early birthday gift; Christopher's parents spoiled us last night, by taking us out to dinner and a show at the Globe Theater.

We started with dinner at Bushwakker.


The parents had pizzas, Christopher had a portobello burger, and I had the chicken quesadilla.


Following dinner we went to the live theater - The Globe, to see "All Shook Up."  It was absolutely fantastic!  If you get the chance to see this, you should definitely go!

We had a wonderful evening out on the town, and are very thankful to Christopher's parents for taking us for this generous birthday gift. 

Christopher and his dad:


This morning we were up early.  We had scrambled eggs and potatoes for breakfast.


Then we headed out to our friends Matt and Alissa's baby shower for their little girl Vienna.  She's so beautiful, and I tried to monopolize all the baby snuggles, but I wasn't allowed to.

I wore my new shirt that just arrived in the mail on Friday. 

"Saskatchewan:  MIDDLE OF NOWHERE else I'd rather be"
An old friend, Steve, has a very successful company called Hard Pressed (based in Saskatoon).  Both Christopher and I love the clothes!  Check 'em out here.

After the baby shower we stopped at Menchie's before getting groceries, and heading home to cook some things.


How was your weekend? 
What did you do? 

2 comments:

Amber said...

Love your middle of nowhere shirt, super cute! You guys had a busy busy weekend!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! That was a great gift idea from Christopher's parents! I am all about experience type gifts!

My weekend was so low key and relaxing which is just what I needed. I biked, ran, read 2 entire books, spent time in my kitchen, and celebrated Phil's best friend's birthday.