Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Good Eats and Exciting News

My eats today have been deeeeeelish!  Breakfast was a toasted tomato sandwich, which is one of my all-time faves.  


I am loving the new organic, sprouted grain bread that Costco carries.  It is vegan, and free of GMOs and preservatives.  It also has six grams of protein per slice.  It is not as soft as some breads, but it is nutty and satisfying.


Lunch was a leftover brown rice and garbanzo bean dish (with coconut milk, ginger, spicy peanut butter, water chestnuts, pineapple and green pepper) adapted from this dish.


Believe it or not we fired up the BBQ this evening!  It has warmed up (still below zero though) and we took advantage of the sun.  We had burgers with salad.  I have recently discovered that salad is soooo much better with onions.  


Exciting news!   Each month Foodbuzz holds a contest for its featured publishers called 24x24.  In order to enter the contest a Featured Publisher needs to create a proposal for a unique meal that they will create, capture and post about. The winners are given $250 to help make the proposal happen.  I recently found out that my proposal was selected, and I will be participating in this on Saturday!   

Stay tuned to see what my proposal was and how the dinner goes!  I was chosen for this once before for my dinner idea - "A Little Feast on the Prairies" which you can check out here.

Do you put onions on salad?  
Would you fire up the BBQ in temperatures below 0?

13 comments:

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga said...

Congrats on your 24 x 24....THAT'S HUGE!!!

See, as I comment replied to you, you are the dinner and baking queen on the weekends and bam, this confirms it. You always cook your heart out!

Thanks for linking up my recipe; what you made looks great! I want some!

Vanessa said...

Congrats on the Foodbuzz contest!

I can only tolerate raw onions in salsa, so a salad is a no-go for me. As for the BBQ, that's pretty funny. We don't have sub-zero weather where I live, but we did put some steaks on the grill the other day when it was about 32*F. Does that count? Haha

Simply Life said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is SO exciting! You always host the best parties so I can't wait to see what you do!!!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Oh cool! Congrats on being selected - can't wait to see what you dream up!!

I love onions on my salad! Yum! Gives it a nice little kick. And I do not tend to BBQ in the winter, but my brother does. I love going over to his house for burgers or shrimp or whatever in the middle of winter. :)

Faith @ For the Health of It said...

Congrats on the foodbuzz contest! I can't wait to see what you'll be making!

Kacy said...

Congrats! Can't wait to see what you cook up!

Anonymous said...

OMG congrats!!! That's so exciting!

Aarthi said...

congrats dear

Aarthi
http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

Allysia said...

Costco seriously has vegan sprouted grain bread?!? Man, I gotta head down there and make use of my membership! Good luck with the contest, and enjoy this awesome weather. :)

Anonymous said...

I don't even own a BBQ but onions on salad sound good :-) Congrats on the Foodbuzz contest!!

Anonymous said...

I always love your pasta, rice, carb dishes! congrats on winning the money!!

Lisa said...

Congrats on the food buzz proposal - can't wait to hear about it! I love tomato sandwiches for breakfast, too ;)

Unknown said...

Onions in salad is sooo good....and you read my mind, we are BBQ'ing tomorrow!

CONGRATS! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!