Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Green Monsters and New Dinners

Thanks to everyone who emailed me shower/bachelorette ideas!  
If you didn't see my last post, where I asked for some suggestions - check here.

Have you ever seen that GIANT bag of spinach that they have at Costco?

I consumed the entire thing in 3 days ... in three green monsters 
(which I had with toasted Ezekiel raisin bread).  


I have had Costco Shepherd's Pie for lunch the past two days, along with an orange.

Yesterday for dinner I made Chickpea and Blueberry Barley Salad.  
I saw the recipe on Lovely As Charged and knew instantly that I wanted to make it sooner than later. 


It was a perfect spring salad - light and fresh.

I have been in the mood to try new recipes lately, and made another today.  I tried a Sweet Potato Frittata that I had seen on Readhead Recipes.  I omitted the bacon, because we didn't have any, but it was still really good and it held together well.  This was my first time making a large frittata. 


After dinner and a workout I juiced 2 red peppers and 2 grapefruits.  I have said it before, and I will say it again, bell peppers with grapefruit is the BEST juice combination.


Have you ever made a frittata?  
What is the last new thing that you made for dinner?


8 comments:

DessertForTwo said...

First, you should get some kind of award for eating that much spinach in 3 days. super star!

Second, thanks so much for the juice recipe! The Mr. is very into juicing and has been wondering what to do with the last huge load of grapefruit from our trees. I'll buy him red bell peppers tomorrow, thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

I think I'm gonna have to try this juice combination of yours sooner rather than later! I love the pink hue...

Simply Life said...

oh that chickpea salad looks great!

Kacy said...

I love fritattas and that sweet potato version looks awesome!

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

I love frittatas so I know it would be ever better with sweet potatoes! I will definitely be trying this SOON!
:)

Unknown said...

I need to get a juicer....that redpepper/grapefruit combo looks delicious!!!

Lauri (RedHeadRecipes.com) said...

Thanks!! I feel so.... Special ;)

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I made a frittata once, but it turned out horribly... I blame the recipe. ;)

Red pepper + grapefruit is not a combo I would ever think of but I bet I'd love it! :)