Friday, January 3, 2020

Moving into 2020

On December 30th we ate a vegetarian dinner and enjoyed the Christmas decorations for the last night before they would come down.

Spaghetti squash, spinach & cheese tomato sauce, baked with cheese.
On New Year's Eve, while Christopher was at work, I took down all of the Christmas decorations and cleaned the house.  I wanted to start out the new year with a fresh, clean home.

After cleaning, I got to work on Guinness brownies, and Korean rice pockets, that we'd be contributing to a potluck in the evening.


Once Christopher was home we got ready to go out.  We didn't have to think too much about what to wear, because it was a pajama party!  It's a fun tradition with our friends (since everyone's kids have been born) to ring in the new year with a potluck pajama party for all the adults and kids.


I wish I would have snapped some more pictures from the evening, as I was ringing in 2020 with so many of the same people that I rang in the new millennium with 20 years ago.

I remember a bunch of us being at our friend Mark's house.  I was in grade 12, and the whole Y2K apocalypse thing was such a big deal back then, so it really made for an exciting new year celebration.  Of course, nothing special happened when the clock struck midnight, but memories with friends were made, and 20 years later we are all still friends and are still getting together to celebrate.

This year we were at our friends' Chris and Cori's house, and it was a really nice time.

We didn't stay out too long past midnight and were up pretty early the next morning.  Our first meal of 2020 was this delicious breakfast that Christopher made:

Shredded hashbrowns, fried mushrooms, sprouts, egg.
I think 2020 is going to be a very memorable year - more on that in one of the next posts.

How did you ring in the new year?

No comments: