Thursday, June 6, 2019

Thursday Things

After doing our Spring cleaning on the weekend, we had a bunch of stuff in the garage to haul away, so Christopher and his dad took care of that yesterday evening. 

While they were out, I worked on making dinner - meatballs with chimichurri sauce, Greek pasta salad, and a spinach salad:


We're growing a bunch of herbs (both inside and outside), so I will be making a lot of chimichurri this summer.  I love how many herbs we can consume using them in this way #micronutrients, and I also happen to think it tastes amazing.  You can find my recipe for chimichurri here.

Look what we found in the salad dressing aisle of the grocery store!


Before my darling devoured the whole bag as a snack, I tucked them away in the cupboard. 

I wasn't trying to deprive him of snacks, but I knew they would taste great on shrimp tacos:


They added a satisfying crunch and a nice bit of heat.  We also put sour cream, purple cabbage, avocado, tomato, and onion on the tacos, with the tequila shrimp that Christopher cooked up.

My next plan for these is to put them on Velveeta cheeseburgers

Do you like jalapenos?  
What would you make with crispy jalapenos?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I do like jalapenos but I am kind of a wimp and don't do well when they are raw and at their hottest! There is a Vietnamese to go place that I go to occasionally for lunch for their vermicelli rice bowl. Jalapenos is one of the topping options and I always tell them to put 3 slices in my bowl because I can't handle more than that since they are HOT HOT HOT. I really love jalapeno in things like salsa and guac. It gives such a nice little kick of heat. I'm growing jalapenos in our garden so hopefully they do well this summer.

I wouldn't have thought to use those crispy jalapenos on tacos but that's brilliant. I'd also include them in a taco salad!