Thursday, February 14, 2019

Fourth Anniversary

Yesterday Christopher and I celebrated four years of wedded bliss 💘

Each year we stick to the traditional anniversary gift themes, and pick something out together.  This year the theme was flowers and fruit.  Since we're going away soon, we didn't want to buy any actual flowers or fruit.

So, we got this beautiful set of flowered cloth napkins:


And went to a restaurant called Orange as the fruit part of our anniversary gift to ourselves - ha!


Bulgogi to start:


And then Christopher had the kalbi burger:


And I had the kimchi bee bim bop:


This was the first time I ever had shredded cheese on a bee bim bop, and I was surprised by how good it was.

It was minus a billion outside, so I am glad we went somewhere more casual for dinner, as I did not feel like dressing up at all.  This constant cold weather is really starting to get to me; I cannot wait to be basking in the warm Cuban sun! 

Tonight we have Spanish class, so that will be the extent of our Valentine's date this year.

Are you doing anything special for Valentine's day today?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Happy Anniversary and happy Valentine's Day! I always think of you two at this time of year! I love the cloth napkins you picked out. We got cloth napkins as a wedding present (we registered for them) and I love using them when we have guests over for dinner. They just make the table a little extra special!

We are staying in tonight and I will make lentil enchiladas and spanish rice. Even before we had a baby we opted to stay in! We are going on a date next weekend, though, which I am looking forward to! Oh, and we are meeting with an attorney over lunch today to work on our will. Super romantic, huh? But it is something we've been meaning to do and today worked out for all of us!