Friday, October 5, 2018

Happy Friday

The snow is still blanketing the ground, and it's making it feel very winter-like around here already. 

Since Christopher leaves before me in the mornings, I always curl up on the couch with a blanket and my breakfast.  It's the only meal I eat on the couch (and on weekends I eat breakfast at the table).  My morning consists of a cozy blanket, YouTube, and breakfast, which has looked very similar to this all week:


Each day I had a smoothie to get at least four servings of fruit/veggies, as well as either a grapefruit or apple on the side (PB or almond butter on the apple), and a couple cups of coffee.

This September I decided to push my wake-up time back about 30-45 minutes, so I now have a good hour to relax, eat slowly, and ease into my morning.  I take my time with breakfast, as I am a pretty slow eater, and don't like rushing.

I've been coming home from work pretty hungry after work the past little while; that always happens to me when it starts to get cold out.  Hibernation mode!  I made a white bean hummus on Wednesday, which was so good with chopped vegetables.


We had that as a snack while making dinner, which was crispy fried tofu, sweet potato, and miso-glazed roasted broccoli/mushrooms.


On Thursday night we made tempeh sandwiches on sourdough, with Greek salad.  This was really easy to throw together before heading out to our Spanish class.


Tonight we had a brown rice and vegetable mixture, with turkey meatballs and chimichurri.


I also tossed together a Saskatoon berry galette with some leftover pie dough that I had in the freezer.

A bit of coconut sugar sprinkled on top ...
I'm off to grab this from the oven!  A wedge of galette with a scoop of ice-cream will make a nice dessert.

What do you have planned for this weekend?
Where do you eat your breakfast?  Table?  Couch?  Bed?  At work?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Boo to snow that is sticking around!! I hope the weather warms up and you get some nice fall weather. This is too early for snow and cold weather!

That gallette looks sooo good! Yum!! I love fruit-based desserts like that. Especially with vanilla ice cream.

I eat my breakfast standing up most days as our mornings are sooo rushed. I have 2 slices of GF toast with peanut butter and raspberry jam and a hard boiled egg. On the weekends I eat the same thing but I sit on the couch and usually am feeding Paul while I’m eating. And I definitely have coffee!!