Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Weekend Things & 8 Years of Blogging

On Sunday morning we had a couple of the pumpernickel bagels that I had made.  We made a beet, horseradish cream cheese, and topped them with that, as well as red onion, and the smoked salmon that our friends had sent us home with the night before.


I am hooked on beet, horseradish cream cheese.


I added a bunch more beet to use up the beet we had cooked, and had the super-beet cream cheese on a bagel both yesterday and today.


Anyway, back to the weekend!

We did some baking, including a couple loaves of bread:


And cornbread:


We also made a batch of buttermilk waffles to put in the freezer:


The breads are all going in the freezer too, and will be delicious with some heartier meals this fall.

This weekend we celebrated eight years of Everyday Foodie!  I can't believe I've been blogging that long; it has been such a fun and tasty journey.  A tray of nachos made their way into the celebration:


I made a rhubarb crisp as our celebration dessert:


Christopher's parents told us to come by the other day and get rhubarb, as there is a bunch growing in both their and their neighbor's yards.  We'll always put extra rhubarb to use!


Eight years of Everyday Foodie!
How long have you been reading?  Have you ever made a recipe that I posted, or got a new meal idea from the blog?

2 comments:

Dione N said...

I've probably been reading 5 or 6 years. I've always enjoyed it. I especially like your weekend recaps and when you have people over for elaborate dinners. I've commented on occasion, but I know you're busy so don't that often. Congrats on 8 years!

Dione in Edmonton

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I'm not sure how long I've been reading but it's been a LONG time! Maybe close to when you started! I found your through Amber of Girl with the Red Hair. I will hit 9 years of blogging this month, too, as I started my blog when I got back from my first trip to Paris. I started a France blog for that trip and have updated it with posts from each successive trip. When I got back from that trip, I realized how much I enjoyed blogging so kept at it! It's been such an awesome creative outlet for me and I've met so many amazing people - like you!