Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Matt and Alissa's Summer Wedding

On Saturday one of the couples in our close group of friends got married.  It was a special event for all of us, and the wedding was full of familiar faces.  It was also full of many special touches that made it extra-beautiful.

Matt and Alissa married in a grand, ornate, Catholic church.  

How cute is Matt's mom!?  


Oh, and the bride - absolutely breathtaking!

The reception took place in a little, yellow banquet room in a hotel.  
It was the perfect size for an intimate wedding reception, with a balcony and a bunch of windows.


The couple had purchased flowers from Costco for the center pieces, and they turned out beautifully.  Each centerpiece was slightly different.

 

The bouquets and boutonnieres however, were all similar, and pretty much the coolest things ever!


They had found out THE DAY BEFORE THE WEDDING that their florist was bailing on them, and were able to get a new florist to pull together all the wedding flowers with one days notice!

The favours were so perfect, because my friend Matt is a tea guru, with a famous tea blog.  I was so happy that they chose an incredible Indian tea for their favours.  They stuffed the tea bags themselves, and went to all the trouble to make these for their guests.  

 

The dinner was Caesar salad, stuffed chicken with potatoes and veggies, with cheesecake for dessert.  


Another friend, Tara, made four different cakes - lime, coconut, double chocolate, and red velvet.  I was lucky enough to try at least a bite of three of the flavours over the course of the weekend.  They were among the best cakes I have ever tasted in my life - Ridiculously moist, and full of flavour.  Even the fondant was superb, and that is not typical for fondant.


The couple cut into the coconut one, and I made sure to get up close and personal with the work of art.


I made cake pops for the wedding as well, so the guests had plenty of sweetness to choose from.  Matt and Alissa wrote little notes thanking and recognizing both Tara and I for the cake/pops, and I thought that was really thoughtful of them.


I love weddings, and am so excited for my sister's wedding in 30 days!

What is your favourite personal or unique little touch that you have seen at a wedding?
What is your favourite part of a wedding?

I love the first dance. 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite part of a wedding is the vows, for sure! The wedding looked beautiful! I can't imagine my florist baiiling out on me the day before the wedding. I think I would've had a breakdown!

Jessica @ dairy free betty said...

I'm such a dork! I totally thought these were your wedding photos! I have been reading blogs on my iPhone and I guess I'm not doing a good job haha. Looks like a beautiful wedding. I don't know what my favorite part is? I think it depends on the couple!!

Kacy said...

It looks so pretty!

The Fajdich Times said...

The wedding looked like a fun time. I really liked Matt's mom's dress.....very cute! The flowers turned out great! I like the cake and your cake pops! A lot of work you did. I love tea also.....so I joined Matt's blog:) Happy day to you!!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

The groom's mom is ADORABLE. What a fashionable mom!!

Such a beuatiful wedding. The cake looked amazing and I am sure your cake pops were fabulous, too! Neat to be 'part' of the wedding.

My fave parts are when the brides walk down the aisle, when they exchange vows, the MOH and best man speeches, and the dance. Oh heck, I pretty much love everything about weddings. I think they are so much fun!!

Unknown said...

yellow is my second favorite color! so pretty. I love weddings and all the little details. like CAKE! hehe.

Kitchen Belleicious said...

How beautiful! my favorite part of a wedding is the vows. I just love watching them say their vows!

Madeline- Greens and Jeans said...

What a beautiful wedding! I love when couples make it so "them."

Anonymous said...

you already saw my wedding photos. :) BTW I love the 4 cakes trend that's going on right now! I get so bored with one dessert. :)

Unknown said...

I loooooove that yellow room!! The cakes look amazing and your cake pops match perfectly!!!

What a fun looking wedding!

My favourite part of a wedding is looking at the fashion choices of both the wedding party and the guests. I also love seeing people's different decoration ideas!

Anonymous said...

I haven't been to a wedding in 7 years...le sigh. The couple are GORGEOUS!! As is that cake...tell your friend to send each kind please!!! :)

hollie schroeder said...

My maid of honor made all of my cupcakes by hand. It was very special. It looked like the top of each cupcake had a different flower sitting on top of it, but when you looked closely the flowers were made of icing. She made over 100 cupcakes, and they were delicious.

Anonymous said...

I still haven't tried those doughballs but they are getting RAVE REVIEWS :-)