Saturday, June 27, 2015

Summer Holidays!!

As of yesterday, I'm officially off of work for two months!!  One of my best buds retired yesterday, so we had her and her sweetheart over for a little celebration.  We were worried when the sun showers started around 5:00 p.m. ...


But after about 15 minutes the showers blew over, and it was beautiful.  We dried everything off and got ready to celebrate.


We had some snacks to start, including coconut shrimp:


Breaded cheesy mushrooms:


And fried chicken bites, with the best fried chicken recipe ever:

 
It got dark outside by the time we were eating the main course, which was ribs, mac and cheese, and corn on the cob.


We moved inside for dessert as the mosquitoes had just started to make an appearance.  We had burnt grapes for dessert.  You can find the recipe here


We had a wonderful evening celebrating a dear friend of mine. 

Let the holidays begin!  This weekend we're excited to relax, not leave the house, BBQ a lot, and soak up the hot, hot, heat.

What are you up to this weekend?   
How many years (or days or months) until you retire, haha?
(I've got 20 more years to go ... then maybe I'll try another career ... Starbucks barista!?)

3 comments:

Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats said...

Cheers to summer vacation! And what a spread your friends got! Yum! Let's see I'm 33, so at least another 20+ years before retiring????

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yea for summer vacation starting! That was so nice of you to host a party for your friend. As usual, the food looks delicious! I am glad the weather worked out for you guys!!

Last weekend Phil was golfing with guys so I was on my own but I managed to stay busy. I spent a lot of time outdoors reading which was lovely! And gosh, I am really hoping I can retire by age 60 which is 25 years ago. GULP.

Amber said...

That looks like so much fun! You guys have a beautiful backyard too. My boss (who will be 61 this year) just announced she is leaving to pursue a new opportunity at a different organization! Amazing to be that age and love your career so much you want to keep pursuing new challenges. So I hope that is me one day :) haha. I actually really don't mind working and I'm pretty happy with my job so I consider myself lucky.