Monday, March 28, 2011

Geeeeeen Juice

If you have been reading my blog for a while you will know that my favourite fresh juice combination is a ginormous pink/red grapefruit with a bell pepper.  This morning I used a green one ...


 

I am always super dehydrated in the morning and have to force myself to down a large glass of water, which never seems appealing when I first wake up (although I love it other times of the day).  This was a much more fun way to hydrate.  I got pretty fast at cleaning out the juicer over the summer, so it has become less of a chore.

I also had 2 slices of toasted Ezekiel:


On Sunday evening I made a roast chicken.  I had a plate on Sunday for supper and then took a chicken sandwich to work today with an orange.


And the best part of making a roast chicken ...


Chicken soup the next few days!!  With a bit of ketchup stirred in of course :-)

I used hot and spicy ketchup by accident, but it was really good!  It gave the soup a spicy little kick.

This evening I caught up with a friend over tea.  We usually get together to visit at least once a week, and then often hang out on the weekend too.

Are you really dehydrated in the morning?  Do you enjoy drinking water when you wake up? What is the first thing you drink in the morning?

I drink water with dinner, and then at least another glass or two before bed, but I still wake up parched. I don't get it. I even eat snacks that are full of water like a giant grapefruit at night, or the half a cucumber that I am having right now. 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't say I ever feel dehydrated in the morning, but I always start my day with a cup of tea or two... lately they've been herbal teas, but my favorite is Earl Grey!

Leanne@sothisonetimeatfatcamp.wordpress.com said...

That soup looks so comforting :)

Do you drink a lot of water throughout the day? I can't function on anything less than 2 litres per day.

I also made it a habit to chug 500ml of water first thing every morning before I allow coffee to pass my lips!

Faith @ lovelyascharged said...

Ketchup in your chicken noodle soup? Hmmmm....

I'm definitely dehydrated when I wake up, but I suspect Im also dehydrated a lot of other times too. I hardly drink - such a bad habit, but I just am never thirsty, so its hard to get water down! I need to find a way to do it.

Kat said...

I really need to dust my juicer off!! Ive never tried that combo but I am totally trying it! I love juicing in the summer instead of drinking coffee. Coffee just warms me up which is why I love it, but I do love the zing that juice gives me too!

Unknown said...

i try to drink a bottle of water first thing in the morning! i find that it energizes me and boosts my hunger a bit :)

oh i love grapefruit. havent had one in forever though

Amber said...

Yummm! I want a juicer! What a great way to get your fruits and veggies in!!

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty said...

that's an interesting juice combo!! I've started juicing lately again too! YUM!

I am usually really dehydrated in the morning,and I love a big glass of water or hot peppermint tea!! :)

Anonymous said...

The first thing I drink in the morning is coffee.

Oh my gosh! I thought I was the only one who added ketchup to their chicken noodle soup!

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous green drink!!!
I like to eat a grapefruit for breakfast. Now instead I will try this out--- sounds good :)

A CopyCat Cooks said...

I am a huge water drinker and drink all day and all evening.

If you are feeling dehydrated it is probably your sodium intake. You look like you eat really healthy so I suspect your sodium levels might be too low - just allowing water to pass through and not really absorbing any. Try adding a little salt to your diet (especially when drinking) and see if that helps. If you are a big salt eater already - it is probably a problem of too much!!

Happy Juicing!

I drink tea in the mornings (and water) :)

Madeline - Greens and Jeans said...

I start my day with a huge pot of tea, water, and coffee. Basically, a TON of liquid!

:Deliciously Healthy said...

For whatever reason I hate drinking water in the morning. I usually feel dehydrated during the night, so I always have water by my bed. In the morning I'm just hungry ;)

Kacy said...

That juice sounds fantastic! I love interesting juice combinations.

Crystal said...

I'm always dehydrated in the mornings. But I'm also in need of coffee. So I often drink a cup of water, then a cup of coffee or two, then about two more cups of water. It's pretty insane! I tend to drink lots of water throughout the day and no more coffee until the next morning.

Anonymous said...

I REALLY need a juicer! ahhh! I am always drinking water!