But 2015, wow. It's amazing looking back at this year. For starters, and something very simple, it was the best year of weather I can ever remember. January started out cold, but winter was over very early, spring was gorgeous, and summer was hot. Our fall was perfect, and the fall weather lasted until December. We still have pretty mild winter temperatures, and barely any snow on the ground.
Top 10 highlights of 2015
(starting with my favourite)
1) In a top secret, private ceremony, on Friday, February 13th, Christopher and I got married!
It could not have been more perfect for who we are as a couple. It was as simple as it possibly could be - no fuss, no lead up, no party, no stress. Just the two of us, sharing vows and a promise. We wanted a marriage, not a wedding, and that's what we got. We could not be happier!
2) We traveled a lot. We did some little road trips, flew to Edmonton a couple times, and also went on longer trips to Mexico, New York, Las Vegas, Mexico again, and then Vegas again.
3) Christopher began playing bass, and formed a new band Lunar Lander Dance Commander. Their debut single, Rooftop Renegade will be played tonight on The Cockpit, 91.3 FM CJTR. The show starts at 11:00 p.m.. You can also hear it on The Wolf 104.9 FM between 9-9:30 a.m. on January 9th, and between 5-5:30 p.m. on January 10th. Check it out!
4) We saw some great live events in music, sport, and comedy. In terms of music, we saw DeadMau5, Hozier, Eagles of Death Metal, K-OS, Kongos, Mother Mother, The Flaming Lips, The Zolas, and Tenacious D. We saw numerous comedians at The Comedy Cellar in New York, and then also saw Jerry Seinfeld, and our favourite comedian, Bo Burnham. We're not too big on watching sports, but we did go to Yankee Stadium this year to see the Jays vs Yankees.
5) We had some incredible dining experiences, including a Chinese restaurant with a Michelin star, and a French restaurant with three Michelin stars, as well as some of the best tables at incredible restaurants.
6) Everyday Foodie turned six, and I got some of my biggest writing jobs this year, partnering my blog with Sobeys, Menchies, and Loblaws, among others.
7) Some friends got married this year. We had an incredible time tearing up the dance floor at Tricia and Lee's wedding, and experienced luxury at Kaylee and Shane's Bellagio wedding.
8) We spent SO much time in the backyard this summer. It was the best summer ever.
I loved making lunch for Christopher when he came home from work, and I made him a different pie or dessert each week in the summer. The peach pie and cheesecake really stood out.
9) Many of our friends had babies this year; there was even a set of twins! Our niece Elizabeth was born this year too, and she couldn't be sweeter. We have some pretty special little people in our lives, and are looking forward to any more that may arrive. Who knows what 2016 will bring!
10) We cooked up some fun meals, including this Italian feast, a retirement celebration for my buddy Bonnie, and a southern-style dinner. We also went to other peoples' houses for some pretty awesome meals. It was definitely a year of good eats.
From our home to yours, have a safe and happy new year everyone!
I'm expecting to create more incredible memories in the new year, with love, laughter, and adventures.
Bring on 2016!
How are you spending New Years Eve?
We're spending it together, at home ... as is tradition.