I have wanted to try coconut oil for about a year, and I finally bought some the other day. I have read numerous books that have spouted the nutritional and health benefits of coconut and coconut oil.
Have you heard the health benefits of coconut oil?
- Coconut oil is extremely stable and does not break down when heated, making it a very safe oil to cook with as it is not releasing dangerous carcinogens
- It helps to lower blood pressure and bad cholesterol levels
- It is easy to digest and helps with thyroid and enzyme systems, as well as IBS
- It increases metabolism
- Promotes pancreatic health
- Natural antibiotic, antibacterial, and anti fungal
- Aids in the absorption of other nutrients
- Promotes a healthy immune system
- Coconut oil helps to eliminate kidney stones
- Its fat content is easily converted to energy and does not accumulate as fat in the body
- Has an extremely long shelf life, and will not become rancid
- Contains powerful antioxidants
Information Sources: 1, 2
If you are interested in the health benefits of coconut in general, as well as coconut oil, I would suggest checking out this site. Coconut oil will be my new go-to cooking oil.
I used a teaspoon in my oatmeal this morning and it gave it an even creamier texture, with a faint coconut taste. I added some almond butter and blackberries for an extra nutritional punch.
Do you use coconut oil? How do you use it?
Cooking? Lotion? Hair moisturizer? Supplement?