Thursday, February 11, 2010

Wednesday Recap and Alaina's for Appies!

Sorry I didn't blog last night ... I was at my friend Alaina's for Appetizers (I am an alliteration master).

I started my morning yesterday with a couple of eggs and 1 slice of brown toast:



Lunch was an Amy's burrito, an orange, some cheese, and some carrot sticks:









I also had a mini chocolate chip muffin at work that was brought to us for Teacher Appreciation week (which I think is really next week).

I felt really good leaving work yesterday as I now have a 5 day weekend!! I love weekends, and I love long weekends even more :-)

My friends Jeff and Alaina recently completed a BIG kitchen renovation, and last night Alaina had the girls over to check out her new kitchen and enjoy some appetizers and drinks.

Her kitchen was a MAJOR transformation - it looks beautiful! Alaina is a fellow foodie, and great cook so I know how happy her new kitchen makes her! There is SO much more counter space, and just more room in general. Congrats Alaina! Great work!

Throughout the night I enjoyed some red wine, and some of this sparkling wine drink:



I also devoured a bunch of this delicious food:













I am not a big dessert person, as you know ... but I DO love chocolate!!! These 2 desserts were excellent:


(Weight watchers recipe with Oreo, whip cream, chocolate etc.) Ummmm, yummmm!


(Homemade chocolate truffles - Hello Martha!)

Let's go in for a closeup:



Mmmmmm I adore chocolate truffles. They are the 1 of the things I am really intimidated to make. I am also intimidated by pie crust. And sushi.

Is there anything that you are intimidated to make?

Have you ever conquered one of your cooking fears?

I was afraid to make a stuffed pastry - but I made empanadas a couple times, and they were SO good! I have also gotten over my fear of making crepes!

A BIG welcome to all my new readers!!!!

If you haven't entered my giveaway yet, please do so here!

9 comments:

thetwentyfifthyear said...

I wouldn't say I am "intimidated" to try to make anything, it's just about having the time to make it and the people to eat it! There's nothing better than a big 'ol spread of good food and your photos are making me crave a party!!

Pink Panda said...

How do you make that Weight Watcher's Oreo recipe?

I'm a little hesistant to make cupcakes because I don't think I would be good at putting the icing on top - seems kind of complicated.

Nicci@NiftyEats said...

I'm scared to bake a cake, but I think I'm almost ready to tackle it! I like Amy's burriots too, they feel me up.

Kacy said...

I'm intimidated to make most things that involve baking! baker I am not! There was a sushi making class in my town recently but the snow prevented me from going. It would be so fun to know how to make it!

Amber from Girl with the Red Hair said...

Having a big kitchen is SO important to me. The apartment that I'm moving into soon is REALLY small but the kitchen is about HALF of it and that was the selling point for me. That and the huge patio since the summer here is GORGEOUS and I love to sit outside and eat in the summer :-) Haha

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) said...

homemade truffles and sparkling wine in one post...girl. Can i come to your parties?!! :)

biz319 said...

So jealous of the kitchen renovation! My kitchen is so small - my husband and I really can't cook at the same time - and I might have 1970's tack paper on the shelves of my cupboards that for the life of me I can't remove!

Great way to christen in the new kitchen!

Homemade pasta used to scare me, but I've made it twice and love it - once I discovered I could made the dough in my food processor!

Jessica @ The Process of Healing said...

Oh wow truffles?!! YUM!!!!

I'm intimidated by pie crust too.. it scares me. And yeast breads. BUT I did conquer the yeast thing partially by making pizza crust and I'm getting a lot better at it!

sophia said...

I'm never intimidated to make anything. But I'm a bit hesitant to make some stuff because of the costly ingredients.

Gosh, so much gooood food! I would have left 40 lbs heavier. ;-)