Thursday, January 21, 2010

Moroccan Chicken Stew - Oh Yeah




I


can't help it ... I just love this song! Ridiculous, but so catchy :-)


Tomorrow is Friday peeps!! Tell me you are as excited as I am!! I pretty much love weekends. Weekends and I are BFFs.

I have BIG plans for this weekend - really exciting things like:

1) Clean House
2) Organize
3) Fill out boring papers
4) Put away my Christmas presents - *gasp*
5) Mark some student work

Yes ... I know what you are thinking ... "Jolene, you are one wild chick!!"

I get that a lot.

Okay I lied, it won't be that bad. I do have a friends b-day tomorrow, and on Saturday my little nephew is coming over for a sleepover! The weekend should actually be pretty darn good.

On to my eats from today ...

Breakfast was a toasted tomato sandwich (I colour outside of the lines folks - let me tell ya):



Mid-morning I walked past the staff room table and a chocolate chip cookie was calling my name. I may or may not have scarfed it down in front of my adolescent students who looked on longingly wondering ... "where is my cookie?" Muhahahahaha.

I had a disgusting looking (but great tasting) lunch of leftover cabbage rolls:



Sour cabbage seriously STINKS. But it tastes sooooo good!

I also had some cheese and an orange:





After work I came home to a wonderful aroma filling my house. Last night I prepped dinner for today, and this morning the hubby threw it all into the slow cooker. We made Moroccan chicken stew.

Moroccan Chicken Stew

- 1 T olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 chicken breasts (or 4 thighs)
- 2 t flour
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 4 diced carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 T tomato paste
- 1 1/2 t cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon

Directions:

1) In a skillet, heat the oil and saute the onion/ garlic. Toss the chicken in the flower and then brown.

2) Throw everything in a slow cooker for 7-8 hours on low.

Enjoy!



I dipped a slice of bread in mine:



We ate pretty early, and so I had a few snacks tonight because I was hannnngry!

I had some goat cheese and rice crackers (my new addiction):



A red pepper:



And a grapefruit with a stevia pack sprinkled on top to sweeten it up:



Tell me bloggies ... what do you have planned for the weekend?

11 comments:

Pink Panda said...

Video games...all weekend long.

Stinky tofu is the same way - smells horrible, but tastes awesome. At least that's what my family says ...I don't get near the stuff.

mymarblerye said...

You are so family oriented! :) love it! BTW I can't stop myself around goat cheese either! BTW I've been wanting to make morracan stew but with lamb lately! I've just been out of town alot! Why do we crave the same things?!

greensandjeans said...

That stew looks rocking! I actually have the whole weekend off which NEVER happens in the retail world! We've been getting pounded with rain here in the southwest, but I'm hoping it stops by Sunday so we can go hiking!

Anne Marie said...

I'm hanging out with the family. I can't wait!

joyofood said...

Love the decorative "I" :)
The Moroccan chicken stew looks heavenly, I have to try that, you know me I love chicken.
Your weekend doesn't sound boring, I'm doing absolutely nothing, but I have had a stressful week, so I predict rest and relaxation.

Taylor

Haleigh said...

I am going to be driving 16 hours home to Charlotte. Fun fun! haha

traynharder23 said...

workout FINALLY when the rain stops ( ineed to get in some mileage..STAT!)
and possibly strength training. when is that new. no weddings tho! =(
hahah i love how you ate that cookie in front of all the kiddies. i did that in summer camp. see this chocolate cake? IT"S GOING IN MY TUMMY! BGWAHAHHAHA

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty said...

Hello lovely! I might "borrow" that recipe for a dinner party I am going to tomorrow night, it's supposed to be Indian food, so you think anyone will notice? hehe

our plans tonight are going to a friends place to play board games and tomorrow night a homemade Indian food potluck! FUN!!!!!!!!

Have a great day!
Jessica

One Healthy Apple said...

I've been into goat cheese too! I seriously need to invest in a slow cooker since I am never home and scramble to prep dinner!

Sounds like so much fun- I love the uneventful weekends!
I'm doing homework, working out, sleeping in, and baking 96 cupcakes for my nephew's birthday party!

Kacy said...

Your weekend sounds more exciting than mine, that's for sure!

That stew looks fantasic! YUUUM!

traynharder23 said...

tomato sandwich?! very "harriet the spy!" =D
yeah. GUYS SUCK! let's see- i've been stood up twice by the same guy, other guy i hung out with doesn't want anything to do with me anymore, and this dude. ARGH!
yeah, i hope this weekend rocks- no rain right now!