Saturday, August 8, 2009

Eating at the Folk Festival

In the late afternoon, husband and I went to Starbucks for coffees only to discover that they were closed for reno's ... so we headed to the next closest coffee joint, Java Express. I got a light toffee crunch frapp. SO good!

Last night husband, and I and a couple friends went to the Folk Festival in a park downtown in our city. Besides good music, there was also good eats! For supper I had a plate of chicken curry, pat Thai (no, not pad Thai) and a spring role. I also had a small samosa (not pictured). Told you I was going to eat crap this evening!

We didn't sit too close at the Festival because it was raining, and we didn't have lawn chairs, and we weren't about to get wet butts! We heard a couple good sets, but the headliner, K-OS, was a bit disappointing. Tonight we are looking forward to Bedouin Sound Clash!!!!!

Later on in the evening, about 3 hours later ... we all got hungry for some dessert. I knew I had to have a chocolate covered banana! I ate about 1/2. The thing was a MONSTER!

Tonight we are back to the Festival! I will probably be home too late to post tonight, but tomorrow morning I'll let you know how it was!!

Do you have a music festival in your city? Do you go?

1 comment:

VeggieGirl said...

Chocolate-covered bananas!! Classic treat.